Lavender oil helps this hot oil treatment perform wonderfully as a deep conditioner. This is in part due to the fact that lavender oil disinfects the scalp and hair follicles, and enhances blood circulation at the scalp. Like we mentioned in our facial scrub recipe, something awesome happens when lavender is mixed with coconut oil. The end result is that your hair is completely moisturized. That is a reactive benefit after the hair is dry. The work done on the scalp is proactive because that is where healthy hair actually starts.
To use this lavender oil hot oil treatment, just heat the jar up to a comfortably hot temperature in the microwave. Apply it to dry hair, and wrap in a towel, allowing it to remain on your hair and scalp for 20 minutes.
For a lot of us, shampoo and conditioner just doesn’t get the job done. A deep conditioning hot oil treatment is very much needed. If you’ve got damaged hair, or if it is just naturally dry and brittle, you will love this recipe. In the 80’s VO5 introduced us all to the wonders of hot oil treatment, now you can make your own all-natural version, and save a few bucks in the process.
Fun fact, jojoba oil is the carrier oil that is most similar to human sebaceous gland oil. That means that if your glands made more oil, you’d have oily hair. The jojoba oil is basically replacing what your body isn’t making enough of. When you combine the jojoba oil with the two different kinds of coconut oil, there is some serious moisturizing happening.
If you love this lavender oil hot oil treatment recipe, here’s an easy button that will add all the items it takes to make this into a shopping cart on amazon.com. You should just remove any items you do not want to buy before you check out.Shop this recipe on Amazon
- 3 tablespoons fractionated coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons raw unrefined coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons jojoba oil
- 20 drops lavender essential oil
- Measure the raw coconut oil, adding it directly to a 4 oz mason jar
- Measure and add the fractionated coconut oil
- Measure and add the jojoba oil
- Add the lavender essential oil, counting each drop with the included dropper
- Stir well
- Label your mason jar
- Remove lid, and warm to a comfortable temperature in the microwave. How long you need to do that I cannot say, as it varies greatly by the temperature of your home, and the size of your microwave.
- Test the temperature with your finger, so you don't burn your scalp
- Apply to dry hair, and allow to remain on hair and scalp for 20 minutes
- Shampoo out as normal
And for those adverse to scrolling, here is that button one more time:Shop this recipe on Amazon