After a hard day, your tired muscles will thank you when you give them is peppermint oil muscle rub. It attacks sore muscles from four angles:
- First, the peppermint oil contains menthol, for a soothing cooling warmth that relaxes tight muscles, and helps to reduce pain .
- Then, the capsaicin in the cayenne pepper is an anti-inflammatory. The capsaicin also blocks the nerve receptors from sending your brain signals of pain from the sore muscles, and stimulates blood flow, which helps the muscles to heal.
- Finally, the epsom salts are an age-old remedy for tired feet and muscle cramps.
- Ginger has anti-inflammatory properties as well.
What this peppermint oil muscle rub lacks in looks, it more than makes up for in functionality. It’s fascinating how these simple ingredients come together to produce something that works so well, and is all-natural. It’s really exciting to harness the amazing power of mother nature, and ancient herbs, plants, and spices. It’s just too bad it has to look like pumpkin pie filling! Oh well, that’s what happens when you add cayenne powder to oils…
This recipe is great, as you probably have most of the ingredients in your spice rack, and aromatherapy set up already. If not, and you like what you see in this recipe, you can very easily purchase your own bundle from Amazon. The following button will add all the items to your cart, but you can just remove anything you already have.Shop this recipe on Amazon
Packed with menthol, capsaicin, and minerals, this home remedy for tired muscles is ugly, but works great! Peppermint oil makes... Read More...
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup grated beeswax
- 3 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 40 drops peppermint essential oil
- Combine the coconut oil and the beeswax shavings into a mason jar
- Microwave in 30 second intervals until the beeswax is fully melted
- Stir in the cayenne powder and ginger
- Add the peppermint essential oil, counting the drops with the included dropper
- Stir well
- Pour into 8 oz wide mouth jar
- Allow to cool and harden
- Label the lid with these cool round kraft stickers
- Apply to sore and tired muscles
And, if you did not see our button earlier in the page, you can click it here. It will take you to Amazon, and add all the items featured in this recipe to your shopping cart, so you can have everything you need to make this peppermint oil muscle rub.Shop this recipe on Amazon